Monday, February 9, 2009

Garden of Forking Paths 1

My laptop computer sucks monkey testicles, so updating this blog (and especially reading other blogs) from home is never an easy task. I began by simply reading the story straight through (I'll refrain from offering any of my views on the nature of the writing or the story itself), then I managed to come across one website that would actually load for me after searching Wikipedia (I know, I know). This one (http://www.geocities.com/papanagnou/cover.htm) offers more of an explanation of hypertext and Borges' indirect role in its inception, but also links words in the text (written in red) to other, similar words within the story.

On the whole, I'm not all that impressed with this site -- after a few minutes, I grew bored -- but it isn't difficult to understand.

EDIT: I now notice that several other people have mentioned this site as well. At least I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment