Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Troubling Story

I've been working on another short story (I've really been in a sprint for the past couple months), and this one is fucking with my head. The main character is a voyeur, and writing from his perspective is just... disconcerting. I don't want to mention the plot here, but it's also a little disturbing. It's good, though, I feel up to saying that. It's all just taking me to a strange place.

Anyway, in other news, Purdue finally made the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Basketball Tournament, for the first time since 2000. They'll get annihilated by UConn, but hey, at least they made it this far. Boiler up.

Oh yeah, and apparently my brother's wife tried to kill herself. I don't want to get into the details, but she's physically okay. Mentally, ehhhhh, that might be another story. Maybe I'll get into all that later, maybe not, but definitely not right now.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you're trying a difficult viewpoint. I tried one from the point of view of a rapist. Creepy. I still go back and work on it now and then but it hasn't jelled yet.

    ReplyDelete