Friday, January 30, 2009

Damn....

Last night I was waiting outside the wine store for my girlfiend, who took my car to the mall across the street, to pick me up, I noticed a guy and a girl who looked more or less my age sitting on a bench outside. They were bundled up and were blowing on their hands; they looked cold (did I mention most of this town was pure ice yesterday?) The guy came up to me and asked if I had any change, just a penny or a nickel, because they were hungry. People my age. I dont know if they were homeless or not, but they sure looked like it. I pulled out my wallet and gave him two dollars, and he thanked me and returned to the bench. I thought about that and then walked over to the bench and handed him a five and told them to get something to eat. I doubt they were faking being poor just for coins. People like that aren't supposed to be homesless, damn it. Not even in Baltimore.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good guy. I'm bringing you the beverage of your choice tonight.

    hot chocolate? chai? Pepsi?

    ReplyDelete